The Forum Wood Building Nordic 2018 took place at in Växjö on September 27 and 28. The conference is an event where academics and practitioners meet and exchange experiences and learn from the best within the field of wood construction.
Among the presenters was Wood in construction's chair man for the advisory board Mads Wolff. He presented the overall aim for the project and the upcoming initiatives that the project secretariat is working on. In place was also advisory board member Susanne Rudenstam who charied a session on 'Experiences from global wood construction in the 20th century'.
- Forum Wood Building Nordic has always been an important meeting place for technical issues and in-depth knowledge of wood construction. What we see now is that a wider societal perspective is getting bigger and bigger. Timber construction is a matter of course to meet the major societal challenges, such as Agenda 2030, which Sweden and the world face and have underwritten - Susanne Rudenstam
At the opening session 'Towards a new renaissance – political openness for sustainable solutions'. Mads Wolff (Wood in Construction project), Mikael Eliasson (Director Swedish Wood), Heidi Finstad (Director Treindustrien/NO) and Petri Heino (Director, Wood Building Program, Ministry of the Environment/FI) discussed the Nordic and European perspectives on wood construction.
Short about the conference
Forum Wood Building Nordic 2018 – towards a new renaissance highlights financial and social factors, which contributes to innovative thinking. Industry, production and product are developed as a result of progress within science and practice, as well as through an increased political openness.
Lectures by international speakers and a large exhibition where different organisations present their latest products and services have in the last few years made Forum Wood building Nordic one of the most important conferences within wood building and wood construction in the Nordic countries.
Examples of areas that will receive a lot of attention this time are:
• How can wood contribute to reducing the housing shortage?
• The Paris agreement points out wood building as a prioritised field!
• New actors on the multi-family housing market!
• Product and production platforms for more efficient processes.